For our investments to meet high ESG standards we must ensure that sustainability is fully integrated across all our activities.
Our approach is aligned with each fund’s business model; placing sustainability at the centre of all investment decisions, including how we manage, add value, and innovate to deliver a modern, efficient, and sustainable portfolio that enables our customers and stakeholders to succeed.
1. How we invest
We want to be known as a leader in responsible investment. We take the lead by investing in and developing space for occupiers, communities and the environment.
- Utilising green finance
- Assessing ESG risks and opportunities through ESG due diligence
- Improving our ESG ratings
- Achieving high sustainability certifications
2. How we manage
We manage our funds to have leading sustainability ratings. We focus our energy and expertise, understanding where we can directly impact and where we need to influence, facilitate and partner sustainable initiatives.
- Implementing green leases with tenants
- Improving energy performance
- Encouraging the adoption of green energy
- Ensuring buildings are resilient to climate change
- Enhancing biodiversity
- Sustainable transport
- Supply chain management
3. How we add value
We create social value in all communities we invest in. By delivering a clear sustainability strategy we will deliver improved financial returns to our investors and deliver value to society.
- Tenant engagement and awareness
- Health and wellbeing for customers and communities
- Skills and jobs in developments
- Community investment
4. How we innovate
We innovate to ensure our funds are net carbon neutral. We use our ingenuity to find new and creative ways to enhance our communities.
- Net zero carbon construction
- Sponsorship of sustainability innovation award
- Piloting innovations with partners that share high sustainability goals